Carpe Diem

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Travel Log #3 - First day in Buenos Aires









We got to Houston right on time yesterday. I got in trouble for trying to carry deoderant in my carry-on. I forgot it was there. Houston was a lot of fun. I met up with an old friend from my mission and he showed us around. Houston was really hot and really muggy...it was awesome to leave that and wake up in Buenos Aires.

It's been nice and chilly all day. We've both been wearing our coats. Our hostel is nice. I'm sitting in the lobby area right now watching the Germany/Spain game. Everyone's getting into it.

We made our first friend this morning at the airport. His name was Luis. He was a cab driver. We weren't going to use his services but he really put forth an effort to win us over so we went with him. I want to buy from everyone down here because they work so hard to sell something to you. It's impressive to see such a work ethic. Luis turned out to be really cool. He gave us a little tour on the way and ever drove us to the temple and stopped so we could take pictures. He gave us a card so we can call him throughout the week when we need him.

Our hostel is right in the middle of everything. A few blocks away is Florida St which just for walking on. There are shops and stands everywhere. We spent most of the day just walking up and down it. I go in every sports store looking at soccer shirts and hoodies. Everyone is cool here. We've stopped and talked to lots of people. Or they have stopped and talked to us I should say.

I find people's impression of my spanish is greatly influenced by whether I'm willing to buy their product with dollars.

2 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks really cool...Spain did it!! Hope you guys are well. Kerry looks forward to hearing all about it.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Bennie said...

I like the pictures. I am glad you are having fun. Stay alert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home