Carpe Diem

Monday, June 30, 2008

Travel Log #4 - Aguanta Buenos Aires






We walked all over the place today. I can't believe how many people there are. I like to go up to people and have conversations. Most people are extremely friendly. One cab driver stopped me and told me to put my camera away because somebody might try to rob me. I'm glad we have cab drivers to keep us safe. We saw a lot of different neighborhoods. Recoleta and Retiro were our favorites. We found a law school. That's the building with all the pillars. Things are really cheap here (for us) which is nice. We found an art musuem. It was pretty cool. I put a picture of a Picasso piece and an Andy Warhol piece up above. I could put captions for each picture but it takes time and time is something I'd rather spend drinking mate and talking philosophy and politics. We're laying low in the hostel right now. We're meeting a friend of mine, Noelia, tonight at 10:30 for dinner and walking around. We're going to see the Puerto Madero which is something I've been looking forward to. Tomorrow we're going to Boca Stadium which is something else I've been looking forward to. We check out at 11am tomorrow and hop on a bus at 8pm which will arrive in Villa Angela at 10am Wednesday morning so expect it'll be a couple of days before I can write again. I love you all.

5 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Quentin said...

i decided not to put the andy warhol up because the glare on the frame turned out to be pretty bad.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Josh said...

do they have boca burgers at boca stadium? ...ummmm, boca burgers.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Quentin said...

¿whats a boca burger?

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Bennie said...

What do you do with all that luggage from 11 am until 8 pm? Don't trust anybody.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Bennie, don't trust anybody. Especially an River fans. Remember Frank Duke (Jean Claude Van Damme) in Bloodsport...he did not take anything from anybody. Nor did Garth Brooks (your favorite performer.)

Hope you all are enjoying yourselves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home